Sunday, April 11, 2010

Week 1 Review - 20 thoughts




Thank god week 1 is over.

Some interesting thoughts from week 1...

1. Not having internet access throughout the week sucks. I left a couple big games on the bench, and was not able to make a couple of roster moves I would have liked. It ended up costing me two stats.

2. Two teams did not record a save (Beantown & Pandas). The 4 teams who have the closers battled it out. 17 saves in one matchup & 13 saves in the other. The other 8 teams combined for only 15 saves.

3. Croatia actually had the best ERA in week 1. So much for the expansion teams not being able to compete in pitching.

4. Speaking of pitching, two teams that preseason had some of the best pitching in the league (Pandas & Wagners) had miserable weeks. 5.72 ERA for Marc & 5.13 ERA for Jamie.

5. J-Fraud in first place, and with a second best 12 HR's. I didn't expect the power from his team this year.



6. Might as well give Jason Heyward NL ROY right now. He definitely impressed this week. On a side note, it is nice to see everyone utilizing their minor leaguers this year. I have seen that video like 20 times. Isn't it great? Heyward-Heyward-Heyward. BOMB!

7. A couple of trades went down this week. Charlie Morton for David Robertson. It was nice to see that one fall right back into Jamie's face, although it did serve its purpose with IP & K's. The other deal Derrick Lee for Francisco Rodriguez was a great even deal. Closers are at a premium this year. NCU needed some more bats, and Josh needs pitching.

8. If Ryan Howard is hitting this good in the spring, just imagine how good he will be this summer?

9. Milton Bradley off to a fantastic start. 1-21 & 9 K's. That 1 hit was a HR.

10. Denard Span over Nelson Cruz, OUCH. Cruz has struck out twice, Span three times. (reasoning for Bill passing on Cruz)

11. Chan Ho Park was just claimed from waiver wire. Yep

12. Casey Jannsen leads the majors in wins with 3, and is available !!! I bet ya only half of the league knows what team he plays for.

13. It has been only 1 week, and three closers may be possibly out. Jason Frasor in Toronto looks like he is out. Frank Francisco will be relieved by Netfali Feliz this week, and Mike Gonzalez has blown 2 saves this week for the O's and will probably be on a short leash.

14. Some veterans played great this week. Edgar Renteria, Magglio Ordonez & Vladimir Guerrero. All were over-looked basically on draft day.

15. My quest for HR/RBI/TB team backfired big time this week. 2nd least amount of HR's, 4th worst in RBI & 3rd worst in TB. Thank you Jose Lopez.

16. Julio Borbon yikes. Talk about a disappointment thus far.

17. I am glad I didn't make the mistake in taking Vincente Padilla in the draft. Two start pitcher in week 1. 11 ER.

18. Team Croatia had Brad Lidge (DL) and Rick Vandenhurk (minors) on his active squad all week. Those 2 roster spots could have resulted in another win or two in a category. Rookie mistake I guess.

19. Jimmy Rollins off to a hot start which is good news for Marv. Maybe he stays interested all year and makes a good playoff push?

20. I was searching for a team to route for this year. It couldn't be either the Yanks or Sox, so I went with the Mets. Good lord am I in for a rough season.

No comments:

Post a Comment